- Highest grade acid washed coconut shell carbon utilized. Many competing filters use a less expensive bituminous (coal based) carbon.
- Up to twice as much bacteriostatic filter media (KDF®) as some other brands for longevity and maximum efficiency and performance. Rated for 8,000 gallons but can last up to 5 times as long depending on water conditions.
- 5 micron pre and post integrated sediment pads to minimize sediment and turbidity. Some brands use as high as 100 micron pads. (The lower the micron, the finer particle size it will stop)
- High titanium dioxide (whitening agent with strengthening characteristics) used in filter housing for stronger, more durable construction (Less apt to be damaged by dropping or by other factors), in addition to excellent UV protection.
- ‘NOT’ made overseas as many competing filters are. (Only the finest materials and ingredients used with stringent and consistent quality).
- Testing to industry standards which many other filters do not have.
- Extremely durable and rugged molded in garden hose ends which maximize snug, leak free connections unlike flimsy nylon ends found in some other brands that cross thread and leak. Also, other inexpensive brands use what appear as durable brass connectors which actually can contain lead that can leach into the water.
- Tightly packed filtration media which all but eliminates the potential of ‘channeling’. Channeling can occur when loosely packed filter media settles and allows the water passing through the filter to actually bypass the media altogether.
Protective end caps included for storage (store wet) when not in use. Unlike ‘carbon only’ filters which actually promote bacteria growth within the filter itself, our filters prevent bacteria growth thanks to the KDF media. Filter media should be kept moist (after initial use) when not used to allow the KDF media to stay active and prevent bacteria build up.